Woodcutting is the 3rd skill and can be unlocked by crafting an Axe. Each tree provides logs which can be sold, used for crafting, or used as fire for the Cooking Skill. Experience is gained when chopping down the tree. Research perks will give the chance of more experience per tree as well as providing Roots which can be sold for extra money.
You can also increase the XP from trees and get shiny trees for more logs and roots with their respective research perks.
Fruit Trees will start growing once Woodcutting Research Tier 5 is unlocked.
You can buy new patches in the blood crystal shop. The price increases as shown in the table below.
These mostly have to do with the upgrade potion.
- You can not upgrade the highest tier of tree, as there is nothing to upgrade to
- Using an upgrade potion on a fruit tree also works, upgrading the tree to the next tier of fruit tree
- If you use an upgrade potion on a shiny tree, the upgraded tree will be shiny as well. The same applies to stars
- You can not upgrade the same tree twice
- Each blue axe orb will give you +50 logs per tree